Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Actually This WAS my first rodeo




Josh and I went with Andi and Carson to the Houston rodeo last night. We each had our goals in going, mine was to eat a fried twinkie. (Shown above) Dont believe all the hype, it was very overwhelming, I also had a fried snickers, and some fried cheese. I know...I can just hear myself getting fatter. Then we watched the rodeo, whcih was more entertaining than I thought. The best part were these cute little 4-6 year old kids in helmets and vest trying to ride sheep. SO cute. I got the feeling most of them didnt know what they had signed up for and looked pretty shocked when they fell off and literally ate dirt. Then we stayed for the Darius Rucker concert. (whoodi from whoodi and the blowfish). He was AMAZING!!! I have never heard a voice like his, and his songs are beautiful. It was so FUN!! I came home exhausted, but loved every second.

Andis goal was to get a cute cowgirl hat, and Carsons was to eat cotton candy. Done and done.
We decided to get something for Ashlyn and Jayden since they couldnt come, I thought ashlyn would name him pinky because all of her animals have very predictable names, but I was wrong, she named him pink monkey.







YEEE HAW!!!! Next year Im going to wear a shirt that says "this aint my first rodeo", then in smaller print or on the back it will say "Its my second"

5 comments:

Angie said...

You had awesome seats... so jealous! All that yummy fried rodeo food... love it! That's also one of the reasons I love the rodeo so much. No wonder you got up early and went to the gym... you're better than me, I totally would have slept it.

Great pictures of you and Josh.

Aimee Jones said...

How fun!! We just went to the rodeo last night and it was a blast! I didn't know they had fried twinkies though....that's probably a good thing :)

Anonymous said...

5 binkies?!?!! was i right??
-wendy

Anonymous said...

dang it! 7!!!! i had to enlarge!!! hahaha
-wendy

Kristy Stoddard said...

That looks like so much fun.