Saturday, August 8, 2009

Happy Anniversary


Josh and I spent the week on an anniversary trip. He was asked to be in a wedding for one of his friends from the fire station. The wedding was in McAllen Texas which is near the border of Mexico so we decided to take full advantage of the time and went to schlitterbahn in New Baunfels as well. Andi watched the kids, with a couple people from the ward here and there. It was a really fun trip, although its never easy to leave the kids behind.







Heres the present we brought back for Jayden a puzzle. He LOVES puzzles, and you can see Ashlyns present on her wrist, we found a couple of cute bracelets.



Heres right before the wedding. Pictures we took in the bathroom of the hotel.


I went all out for the wedding, as some of you facebookers all ready know. I bought heels for the first time and asked a friend for make up tips. I wore eye shadow and blush and lip stick. Big step I know. I even curled my hair a little. Its a big change from kid gunked clothes, not brushing my hair and barely ever make up. Its fun to get all gussied up every once in awhile but dont get too attached, it will not be an everyday occurance.




I have been married to the greatest man on earth for almost 9 years now. It was so fun to be able to spend time away from all the normal day stresses and just be together again. It helped me remember how lucky I truly am. Heres to 9x9x9x9 more!!

6 comments:

The Youngblood Family said...

You look GREAT Marie! I love the heals and your makeup looks very very nice. You might need to pass some tips this way. I like how you did the onliner on the top. I can never figure that out. Maybe that should be your next blog entry! Ha Ha (I'm serious) Happy Anniversary to you two! Ya'll make a great happy couple with 4 very cute kids.

The Youngblood Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...

Wow! You guys are awesome! Jared & I went to Dairy Queen for our 9 year anniversary and got a MEDIUM blizzard! We are so crazy:) You look fabulous, by the way:) I didn't know you never wear heels... a big step and they looked fantastic! Congratulations.

lynette said...

Congrats you two! Marie--you look beautiful! How did the heels treat ya?

The Youngblood Family said...

I meant "heels" :)

Natalie said...

Ow ow! You are so beautiful! And may I just say "yay for trips with no kids"! I'm glad you did it even though it is very hard to leave the kids. We would love to ditch our kids with someone...maybe we'll travel when they are moved out. :)