Sunday, November 18, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Rylan's new favorite sleeping place. He had grown out of it and is now growing back into it.


Ashlyn and Jayden with their feast hats on!
Rylan at the restaurant in Dallas


Well I'm so sorry that I missed last week. I remember it was late Sunday night and I was exhausted and I was thinking the day was just way too busy that I had no time but now I cant remember what it was I did last week that kept me so busy. Isn't that the way life is, so busy and yet so hard to remember. These last two weeks have been really great though I do know that much. We had the primary program and Ashlyn did great. I think I did pretty good myself if I may say so. Josh and I co teach the 11 yr olds. So I was the one who got up there with them. We had both the kids thanksgiving feasts at their school. It was so fun!!! I had a phone conference with Ashlyn's teacher who of course gave me the report that she is one of their best kids, and they wish they could clone her. Trust me I know the feeling. Ive tried twice to duplicate the phenomenon and haven't quite come close. JK. I love all the differences between them, and watching Jayden learn at school has been really great. Ashlyn is working on reading, and is getting really good, and loves to practice math as well. Im not bragging, because honestly I don't know how she is in comparison but that is a big milestone in my life as well, is watching your children learn to read and add. We also took a last minute trip to Dallas this week. It was a nice time. Jayden said on the way there "Mom after our adventure can I have some Apple Juice at home?" I thought the fact he called it an adventure was adorable and appropriate all at the same time. They were great troopers and didn't make me stop once on the 4-5 hour drive up there. No potty breaks, no snack breaks, and very little whining or fighting it was great!!! Thats one thing about them, is they really are usually great travelers.
Anyways I think thats the catch up in a nut shell.

3 comments:

Ammon said...

How is Jayden doing in school? Are you feeling better about him being in preschool?
And, I love when Carly comes home from school so excited to tell me about diluting salt in water and making eggs float or singing the days of the week. I feel like she's really learning a lot, even for Pre-Kinder!

the Pearce Place said...

I think kids are the best thing in the whole world, it's so easy to be proud of them no matter whay they do, Thanks for the fun update! Happy thanksgiving

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.