Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ashlyn's first day of school

Blast from the past, how did my little baby go from this to....














this?


She was so excited for her first day of school. She even woke up at 6:30 because she didnt know what time it was, and was afraid she might sleep in and miss it. Everyone was asking if she had her outfit picked out, and she didnt, but this is what she decided on that morning. Ah to be young again and not care what others think. Josh told her she was probably the cutest kid there, and she said "well I think so". Lets hope she keeps that self esteem through high school. The trip to school was a bit of a disaster. Josh took the morning off so we could walk her to her classroom, but there arent very many parking spots, and people were parking in the fire lane, and there is only one entrance to the school, so the cars could get in but not back out. So Josh had to park on the side of the road while I walked her in, and my shoe got stuck in the newly sodded muddy mess, so I had to go wash my shoe in the sink, and she was so annoyed because she wanted to get to school so bad. She wasnt nervous at all and LOVES her teacher. She sits at a table with all boys so we asked her if she made any new friends yet, and she said not yet, but shes working on it. This morning before school she said "Im going to make a new friend today" and was so happy to get back to school. Shes so big now, how did that happen. Shes defintely taking it better than I am. I miss her so much, but it was so quiet yesterday I toke a two hour nap. Jayden was lonely though and when she got home he was so moody, he went from happy to sad so many times my head was spinning. I guess he had to fit all the days emotions in two hours with her. But the rest of this week hes got some big plans too. So I think itll get better.

I keep thinking she should still be a little baby, and now I have to let her go into the world all day with out me. Its hard to let go, but I still have three other ones to watch everyday so I guess I dont have any time to wallow.

3 comments:

The Youngblood Family said...

She looks cute and so grown up. Wow, a two hour nap... awesome. My nap times have been taken over by school. Grrrr :(

Kristy Stoddard said...

she is way cute. The best part is seeing how excited they are. I got a little teary eyed when I came home and Brenen was gone. I don't care how old my kids are they are always going to be my babies.

barterboutique said...

i can see it now--teacher's favorite student! what a sweetie!