Monday, September 15, 2008

WE DID'NT LIKE HURRICANE IKE

Category 2 hurricane Ike hit us and damaged our house. Marie and the kids evacuated to Dallas during the storm to stay out of the way of any danger. It could have been worse as it was with others and its a good thing we have insurance.

tarps on our roof from the back yard



our new carpet that we installed 2 months ago is ruined

Thanks Scott and Mike for the help

Thanks Terry for all the help

Our fence didn't make it either

We are going to have blue roof for a while

Ashlyn and Jayden are using the fence as a trampoline.

6 comments:

lynette said...

Oh no!!! That sucks! At least the stuff that was damaged is replaceable!

michelle said...

Yikes!!! I am glad to hear your family is ok. Boy that tree just missed your house, glad it wasn't to bad of damage and yes I am glad you guys have insurance. I never watch the news so I had no idea a hurricane was even going your way. I am really glad your family is ok.

Natalie said...

I've been wondering if and/or how you were affected by the hurricane. I'm glad everyone is okay, but my heart aches for your poor house. But the blue roof is a good look...the latest fashion. I'm so glad you have insurance. This makes me wonder if I really do want a house anymore. :)

the Pearce Place said...

WOW! I've been wondering how it affected you, crazy enough we actually had some winds and rain up here in Sunday that we're because of the hurricane, our friends' tree tipped over, who would have though it would reach all the way to Indiana? I'm glad you're all ok!

Kristy Stoddard said...

dang, I didn't realize how bad it was! Holy smokes. At least you got a "trampoline" out of it.

Anna said...

I'm so sorry about your house. But glad to hear that you guys are o.k. I didn't know how close to the storm you guys were but was wondering about you.