Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Sunday Post is back in full swing

Well everyone, I think I'm finally ready to be more consistent. And as I say that I wrote that Sunday night and here it is Monday morning just trying to really get around to it. Ooops. Anyways, life here is going as well as can be expected. Rylan has finally ,mastered a real crawl and only goes back to army style if hes on slippery floors (or if I put him in overalls). Jayden is trying to master the staying dry at night thing, hes about 50 50 right now, but is getting better. He hates being woken up for me to take him though, so some nights, its not so fun. But sometimes he remembers that he gets candy in the morning if he stays dry, so his eyes arent really open but he has a big smile on his face as hes going. Ashlyn is loving life. Just enjoying practicing her genie dance for May, and learning how to spell and read. She loves to practice writing so shell decide what she wants to write and will sound it out with me and then write it down. Shes getting very good and remembers all of her letter sounds and names and then what they look like in Upper case and lower case. At least most the time. Josh is pretty tired I think, now that hes on the ambulance he doesnt get much sleep two days a week, but everytime he complains he follows it up by talking about how much he loves his job and wouldnt want to do anything else, except of course, drive a slow pumper. Im finally over feeling sick, still a little tired, but I am able to get more done. Sometimes life still seems a little overwhelming. I guess pregnancy has that effect, but I am at least a little more productive. As you can see from the pictures, I decided to make a cake, and it is delicious!!!
Other than that I was surprised by a late night call from my mother telling me that Gordon B Hinkley died last night. I was sad to hear that but cant help but thin how happy he must be, so as much as we will miss him I think I will always think of him as a great prophet. He was the first one that I really came to know and love. He accomplished so much good in the world. I was then surprised by an early morning call from my mother telling me my Dad had emergency heart surgery last night. Thankfully it went well and he is in recovery now. But it always makes you think, and I am very grateful for my parents and the legacy that they gave to us. So get well soon Dad I love you!












Heres the cake I made. I added the toasted coconuts and almonds myself. I thought it neede just a little something more, and this made it perfect, I think.




6 comments:

The Youngblood Family said...

I hope your dad is doing good. I am glad to hear your feeling better too. Ashlyn is so photogenic! :-)

Natalie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Wish him well for me!

The Youngblood Family said...

Oh, and the cake looks so yummy....

Ammon said...

Oh my goodness! Well wishes for your Dad's speedy recovery! Sending my love...

Anna said...

Sorry about your dad! Hope he gets well soon. Congratulations!! I didn't know you were pregnant! Sorry you're sick.

dr. clint said...

every time I look at your blog it makes me miss you