Sunday, February 3, 2008

updates

Hey again everyone, I wanted to start out by filling you in. My Dad is doing just fine, and I appreciate all of your concern and support. He's up moving around and feeling good. So I'm relieved that all is well there.
Rylan had a busy week. Tuesday I took him to an allergist to see what we could do to help him. There are some good prospects to help him overcome them, so we'll see. Then Wed he was put under to be circumcised. Things went really well. They actually give him a spinal blocker like an epidural but not quite and it really helped with the pain. When that wore off 6 hours later he got a little grumpy, until some Motrin kicked in then it was like he had never had anything done, he didn't skip a beat. So it was a nice relief to get that over with as well. Ive been telling people in the long run I think it was much less traumatic for him then it probably was for Jayden since there was so much I could give him to relieve the pain. And he wasn't awake for it. Too bad it was a hassle, and more expensive, because I actually preferred this way.
Other than that all has been well. Hope all is well with you as well.









As much as Jayden looks like Josh I would have to say this is a total Rogers boy face hes making in this picture. Gotta love it!



We watched the Miss America pageant today, as if Ashlyn needed another reason to always wear a crown!



5 comments:

the Pearce Place said...

Hey guess what... kacher just got circumcised too, last week! Well he got ReCircumcised. The doctor did it wrong, or "incomplete" his first time. Yeah it wasn't so bad, it felt weird that he was going to be put to sleep, but he woke up and got some extra dosage of Tylenol and he's good to go! Why did you wait to do Rylan's???

the Pearce Place said...

p.s. we're going to Utah in may, any possibly you'll be going as well?

The Hollemans said...

Amelia, and anyone else wondering,
We waited to do Rylans because when he was born he had so much baby fat that the doctor was afraid his "area" was too little and was afraid if he did it then it would take either too much or not enough. I guess the baby fat sucks it in or makes it look smaller? But other than putting him under it was fine. But I agree that is the most stressful part since they are are so little and you dont know how they will react. But luckily all went well, glad to hear Kachers is better too.

And I wish we were going to Utah, if you were going in Feb or March I maybe would have tried to meet you up there, but we are going to Disney World in May, and my doctor is even skeptical about that since Ill be very large by then! But have fun and think of me while youre there.

Ammon said...

I'm glad to hear your dad is recovering well. What a relief! And, cute little twinners you've got there! I made the mistake of letting Carly watch one of those kid beauty pageants once (like a documentary on it that shows how pushy and crazy all the mothers are).
She LOVED it!
She begged me for days to put her in one! Only Carly...

the Pearce Place said...

Hey Marie--
I signed up on the goodreads website, you should sign up to so I can have a friend! Then you have to start reading, of course :)