Sunday, July 20, 2008

One Week Old

Well, Ty is officially one week old now. This week has been a whirlwind, but has been very good. Ive had a lot of help, Andi helped a lot until my Mom came on Friday. And my Mom has been a lifesaver ever since! Ty is a really good baby, he sleeps like a newborn, so you know what that means, but all in all hes really great. If only nursing werent so painful everything else is pretty good. Ashlyn and Jayden not only love having a new baby around but they also have been really good helpers in keeping everything clean, and being really good listeners. Rylan loves being around Ty but usually tries to grab on a little tight when he wants to touch him, but he usually doesnt try to disturb him much. I thought once I had four kids I would never leave the house, but we actually have already ventured out for a day of grocery shopping, which went pretty well. Logistically speaking its a lot of work getting all those kids in and out of the car, but they were great in the store, and somehow we survived. Emotionally, I think Im doing OK. I havent got the baby blues yet, (maybe its because I dont have time to), but Im still pretty hormonal. I have had to tell the kids a couple times, not to take me too seriously. I explained to them that when you have a baby you are sometimes a little crabby but it has nothing to do with them and not to take it personally. That really helped. You could see on their faces when I was being too harsh and then when I told them that you could see them relax and their faces lightened up a little. I wish it didnt have to be that way at all, but hopefully they wont end up too scarred.

Anyways thats our week in a nut shell. Heres a bunch of pictures, hope you enjoy.

























5 comments:

barterboutique said...

you're a survivor and you're amazing! also, is that your new kitchen table i see peeking out of the background? i wanna see a picture...

Natalie said...

Ty is adorable! Congratulations. You'll have to give me tips on having four. I'm still dealing with trips to the store with 3. You are a great mom!

The Youngblood Family said...

Ty is a cutie and Ashlynn looks like a good helper. Glad to hear everything is well.

Unknown said...

He is so cute... I can't wait til I get to come today and hold him. I will probably hold Rylan too. I love that little dude! We are buddies!

Anonymous said...

love the pix, ty is really sweet!!! keep them coming.
I love seeing pix of the new stuff you are doing to your house too, take more like lynette said!
-wendy