Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The old and the new

OK so for those of you who have asked to see what my obsessive nesting has brought...here ya go. Blame it on Craigslist. It is nice not to feel so ghetto or white trash, but I will say its a little more stressful because now I have to worry about what the kids do. Before it was like , whatever, strawberries on the couch sure, but now its like "dont move" but the kids even Jayden are really good about following the rules.

Old Carpet, with area rug to hide the ink stains.




New Carpet (Frieze for those of you who care)

Old couch

New couches Both sides recline and the love seat rocks and reclines. They arent my fav color, but they only had this color, and really the color I would want isnt the best for kids, and Josh likes this color. They are called a distressed microfiber, so it almost looks leathery, but is soft like microfiber.


Old kitchen table

New Kitchen table. I love the tall tables but was worried about the kids being so high, (especially Jayden since he doesnt like to sit on his chairs. But he sits on these, I think he knows the stakes are higher here, and they are really good about being careful) but the benches make me feel so much safer.


Our house really is not big enough for all the furniture, I guess our eyes are bigger than our house, but we outgrew our table and couch. For the week before the couches came and my Mom was here, we were all trying to pile on one couch. It was cozy, but Im so glad to have a little room to sit!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love everything....totally would have picked that couch color! good choice. and the table doesn't look too tall either. i haven't seen one like that before and i want one! i am jealous!
-wendy

barterboutique said...

MAN! Everything is new! But, I thought for sure you were going to put in a picture of Ty too--new baby! I love it!

The Hollemans said...

Hes in there with the pictures of the new couches, sleeping in his car seat

Anna said...

Your house looks great! How fun to get new furniture!

Kristy Stoddard said...

I absolutely love your couches and table. I want a table just like that. We still have our old table that was free from someone when we first got married.

Natalie said...

Shesh! I love all the furniture. Your house is all grown up! Mine needs a makeover. I wish I could see your new digs in person.

The Youngblood Family said...

Looks great Marie! You are making me want new 'everything'! The couches look super nice. :)

Angie said...

I love it all! It looks even better in person. :)

the Pearce Place said...

Look at your cute little family of four! Amazing :) I don't know if there is something wrong with my computer, but your writing was all black and blended in with the screen so I couldn't read it... but the pics looked great.
We just got back from beautiful MInnesota, i'm so proud to call that place my home :)

Anonymous said...

do they need a memo that you're a family of 6 now? hey, who makes your table bc jeff wants the same one.....
-w

The Seaman Family said...

i love craigs list to begin! It's such a great site. But I love all the new stuff. What a great table! I really like it. Everything looks great!