Sunday, February 17, 2008

Blog book Pics

Lynette was right, I made a promise to post these and so here they are. this book was my Valentines present to myself and Josh. Its awesome and I love it!!! We cant stop looking at it and even though I wrote all the words in it, and edited the book, I still feel like every time I read it, its brand new, and a little sneak peak back into the life I was leading, Im so glad I have this, much better than a journal for me because it also includes pictures. Computers have just made life so easy!!!!!!



The pictures arent that great because the cover and pages are glossy so the flash reflects a little. The cover is a hard back with a dust jacket. This is the front cover.




Back Coverone of the inside pages... you can pick what kind of format you want your pictures and words to be in, so a lot of the pages are different.
Another inside page, I thought they might charge more for a full page of color pics, but they dont.



This is a bad picture but I was zooming in so that you could see the little details that frame the pictures. They are several of these to chose from as well. The only thing I dont like about that is you pick one for the whole book. I really wanted different backgrounds for different pages, maybe someday theyll change that.
So I know your question now is, where did I get it from the company is blurb.com. I downloaded a program that then downloads my blog for me and everything is already palced in the book. Each blog entry a new page. I then went through and decided what I wanted where, changed some formats for some pages, deleted some things, and added a couple things. It took me 2 days to edit it, not full days. It was a blast and the time flew by. Then it cost $40 after shipping for a 78 page hard cover. I thought that was a really good deal. Im sure scrapbooking it would have cost a lot more!! It took about a week maybe more after I turned it in for it to be published and arrive at my door. Man I wish I got all the commision off all of you who I know are going to be dying to do the same thing!!!!

And for those of you that dont know, this is the second post today, so make sure you check out the other one too.

5 comments:

Ammon said...

I LOVE it! I think once Carly goes back to school I'll try making one. Now, where to start...

the Pearce Place said...

hey marie--
So, I started forming my book with blurb awhile ago, but it's taking me awhile to get to it, but now that I see a final product I will be more motivated! It's been kinda frustrating to figure out, but I"m so glad to hear you're happy with it.
And--- so how did you get the video to work and I still can't?? Did you do something to adjust the image? Is it a video from a still camera???
Please share all your secrets!!!
And I'm still waiting to see your book list on goodreads :) man with all our internet connections, we're never going to lose track of eachother!!!

Natalie said...

You are right, you should get comission because I am totally going to make one. It looks like you did a good job! Will it let you add captions to the pictures?

The Hollemans said...

Natalie,
It depends on which format for the pictures you chose, but most of them let you add captions.

Anna said...

That is awesome!! What a good idea!!