Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Generousity

So just yesterday someone in our ward was kind enough to give us this roomba. I had casually mentioned that because Rylan's favorite past time is to eat off the floor, and even though I tried I could not keep it clean enough so I was looking into buying one of these little beauties. On ebay, even the used ones were near $50. So she told me she had one she doesnt use and that I could have it for free. So today as I was watching it zoom around my house it got me thinking. I thought about how grateful I was to this person for being so generous, and then I thought a littl more, and noticed that most the things I have in my house were given to me free of charge, out of the kindness of peoples hearts. Our house would be bare and very different looking if it werent for people who were so kind as to give us things, like couches, swing sets, dressers, desks, clothes, entertainment centers, roombas, toys and sooo sooo much more.

I had this amazing dream last night that one of my brothers was a millionare and offered to buy me this house Ive been wanting and I could pay him back instead of a bank. Of course when I awoke and found that dream was not a reality, I was a little disappointed. Its like having a dream youre about to eat some of your favorite food, and wake up foodless, and still hungry. Or that you just got the most beautiful new wardrobe, ever had those dreams? You wake up wishing you could still live in that dream world. So I havent yet run into generousity that deep yet, but seeing and being reminded of all the blessings we have been given from the hands of those around us, was a true gift of the spirit.

Anyways, I just wanted to give a little shout out to all those generous people in the world, I hope someday I will be able to give back just as much to those around me.








3 comments:

Lindsay said...

You save me from going crazy on a daily basis...whether it is taking Will for an hour or just a normal adult conversation on the phone! So, thanks!

Ammon said...

How awesome is that?! I want one of those too! And, I have dreams like that all the time. I always try to roll over and get back in them.
I agree with lindsay, you give more than you'll ever know by just being you. I love you.

the Pearce Place said...

I feel the same, I am so amazed at some of the incredibly generous things people out there do. I need to be better!