Sunday, April 5, 2009

Its my BIRTHDAY!!

Thats right folks, it is my 30th birthday. Everyone keeps acting like Im suddenly so old. Honestly I dont get it. I know 30 is a milestone, but I dont feel older, and actually love where Im at. (You young ones will get it when your older). But I have had a wonderful weekend. The party began Friday night when my friends throw me a "surprise" party. I say "surprise" because despite their best efforts, the secret didnt last until the party. But I told them its just like when you find out what you are having at 20 weeks instead of when they are born. It was a surprise to me when they told me a week before. The good thing about finding out is we actually got a sitter where if we left it up to Josh that may not have been the case. We had a wonderful dinner at Los Cucos, my fav. and then a nice time playing nertz, (they are nice enough to indulge me in playing with me, and are surprisingly good, for my family who knows me, they even give me a run for my money!!) Then they presented me with 30 of my favorite candy. Which of course I loved, but for some reason I have this radar because for several years now I recieve A LOT of food for my birthday. ONe year (Natalie you may remember this in cinamon tree) I literally got ONLY food, from everyone I know. Im NOT complaining that just means people know me very well, I just find it amusing. Thanks again for the fun time.


Then today Josh came home from the station with a pinata and baloons everywhere. Of course the kids loved it. Then we made cupcakes with the new cupcake things I got which made them look like ice cream cones. I would have taken a picture but they didnt work that well, either I dont know what Im doing, or they are a bit overrated.


And here are the pinata pictures!






action Shot


me getting the loot


We also did our tradition and took blue bonnet pictures, but thats another post.

Then Andi and Carson came over and Andi brought a bucket load of gifts...literally. That is one thing about Andi, she goes all out and is one of the most generous people I have EVER met. Lucky me!!! Im so glad all those years ago Stadium terrace decided to put her in my apartment, not only did I get a husband but I got an awesome sister in law!! (and she was a pretty fun roommate too.)

Thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes, and also thanks to my Mom for having me. Now that Ive been through labor, I really am grateful every year for her. High five Mom good work!!!

4 comments:

lynette said...

I didn't realize it was your 30th! Wow! Hope you have a great year!

Angie said...

Sorry I tipped you off on the birthday surprise. Linds and Katie would have pulled it off it wasn't for me talking about babysitters. Yikes. I'm glad you still had a good time. We always love having a great reason to celebrate at Los Cucos.

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday!! And I'm not just saying that because of this post. I really have been thinking of you today!! And yes, I too get mostly food for any holiday. I guess I should get another hobby besides eating. What else are people supposed to buy for me?? I can't wait for next week! Enjoy the last hour of your day!!

AndiFam said...

I am happy I got to come over today. I hope you had a good Bday. I love you!!

p.s. I need to borrow Twilight... when you feel like you can part with it for a few hours. :)