Sunday, October 7, 2007

Finally

Well finally this week we have some good news, well its good news for Rylan. Last week I thought we were so close to his rash going away, and then Saturday and Sunday it got so bad. So on Monday I called a dermatologist. They said they couldn't see me for a week. So I called my pediatrician back and went there instead. By now it was covering his whole body. Luckily that made it easier for them to diagnose as eczema, which he thinks is caused by an allergy to cows milk, and since I am still nursing, that means I am now off cows milk. I was surprised to look in my pantry and freezer and find that almost everything I eat has milk ingredients in it. So it is tricky, and I am craving it even more now that I cant have it. They said eczema doesn't appear until 4-5 months, and thats why even though I was always eating it, it just appeared now. On Thursday I was on the phone while making Ashlyn dinner, noodles and cheese, and made the mistake of putting a pinch of cheese in my mouth, and sure enough Fri his face flared up again. Luckily since it was such a small amount, it was better by the next day. So the good news is we have an answer, the bad news is what to do next, and thats what we'll have to wait and see. Its Josh's birthday this week, and I won't be able to eat any birthday cake, so sad!! And I had just bought some of those delicious peanut butter twix, and they will be sitting in our pantry for a while. My Dad would say thats probably a good thing.

Then all three of them got colds, and Im sure if Josh doesn't already have it he will soon.
But a little secret my friend Lindsay taught me is to put vix vapor rub on your feet with socks and it clears up your nose almost instantly, and it really works.

Jayden also finally got a hair cut. His hair is so hard to cut because it all lays in the weirdest ways. But I think it was a success.



Rylan on Tuesday. You can see how bad it still was.





This was last night you can see how much it was clearing up. Now he just looks like he has rosy cheeks again.

Before the hair cut.

4 comments:

the Pearce Place said...

Hallelujah- a solution, you must have been so worried to see it cover his entire body! What in the world are you supposed to do now though? Stop nursing??? I mean, ya gotta have milk :)
I'm so glad I'm staying up on your family life now that I've jumped into blogging!!!

Natalie said...

I am so happy to hear that they finally figured out the problem. But I would DIE not being able to eat milk products. Hang in there. Have you tried soy milk? My boys puked if I ate chocolate while nursing, but I'd rather have that problem any day! Good luck!

Ammon said...

Okay, lots of comments...
1.Yay for Rylan, boo-hoo for you! Especially about the PB Twix...where'd ya' find them?
2.Vick's Vapo Rub on feet...and it works? I'm gonna try this!
3.Jayden's haircut is so cute, but then again, I always like it when it's wild man!

dr. clint said...

Now I guess we need to switch our prayers from Rylan to you, huh? :)