Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Two Recommendations


So I saw the movie Evan Almighty, and was a little weary at first because the first installment Bruce Almighty was a little sac religious, but this one was not what I expected. I didnt find it sac religious at all and in fact found it to be a pretty enlightening movie as to what it must have really been like for Noah. For me I always read the scriptures and think, why doesnt everyone listen, of course its gonna flood, because I know what came next, but this movie made me think of how people must of viewed him, what his wife must have gone through, and his kids, and really opened my eyes. I thought they did a really good job of making a modern day Noah story. It wasnt that funny, but I really liked it, so if you are so inclined, I think you should check it out with that in mind. It wasnt the best movie, but for that reason alone I think its worth a shot.
Also Oprah featured a book called "deliciously deceptive" or Deceptively delicious, I cant remember which one, but it was all about how you can cook with veggie purees and hide them in everyday foods like mac and cheese, chicken fingers and even cakes and cookies. I thought it looked really interesting and as soon as I buy it I want to give it a shot. So thought Id pass those two little things on...hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're the second person I've heard mention the vegetable puree book. Let me know how it works out. Wasn't it Jerry Sinfield's wife who came up with it?

Natalie said...

Wow! A blog post on a day other than Sunday! I am so impressed! :) Yes, you'll have to share how you like the cookbook. It sounds interesting. :)

Ammon said...

I'm surprised about the movie! I thought it looked dumb and sac religious, but I trust your judgment. Maybe I'll look for at our Blockbuster.